- What insurance cover is in place?
- Is insurance optional?
- What is the cost of insurance cover?
- How is Insurance Premium Tax calculated?
- Can I increase the level of cover?
- Jewellery, watches, precious stones, money, coins, bullion, deeds, bonds, securities and stamps of all kinds except whilst in store in a locked safe or strong room.
- Furs, perfumery, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, wines, mobile phones, spirits and explosives. It is agreed, however, that cover will be provided for these items where they are part of a household or office removal or storage contract subject to a limit of £10,000 any one customer, any one job.
- Moth, insect or vermin unless from an external cause.
- Leakage of liquid from a receptacle or container unless packed by the Remover.
- Mechanical or electrical damage or derangement of any mechanical or electrical goods unless reasonably attributable to physical damage to such items from an external cause, or following fire, flood, collision or overturning of road vehicles or other conveyances.
Insurers will not pay the first £50 of each customer’s claim.
Pairs and Sets
Where any items are part of a pair or set Insurers shall only pay for the actual items which are lost or damaged. No payment will be made by Insurers for any items which are part of a pair or of a set and which are not lost or damaged.
This insurance policy will not cover consequential losses arising from the delay, damage or non-delivery of your consignment.
Deterioration, Wear And Tear, Inherent Vice, etc.
This insurance policy DOES NOT COVER loss or damage caused by gradual deterioration, wear and tear, atmospheric or climatic conditions (except where optional coverage for Mould and Mildew has been purchased), inherent vice*, moth damage and loss of data.
Not Covered – quotations available on request.
Owner Packed Goods
This insurance policy DOES NOT COVER damages arising to owner packed goods. Also excludes claims for missing items from owner packed cartons or packages unless an itemised valued list of the contents of each carton or package is attached is attached to the Insurance Proposal form and forwarded to us prior to the commencement of the transit.
Insurance cover is provided through Reason Global Insurance Ltd. Reason Global Insurance Ltd. is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Their registered number is 304381.
These details only provide an overview of our insurance cover. It is important that you read our full terms and conditions.