5 Ways to Reduce Heating Bills
With the cost of energy representing such a high percentage of a households annual income, it is important to reduce costs as much as possible.
Heating your home can be expensive, however with a few simple measures the cost can be reduced. For example:
- Set your heating to go off 30 minutes before you leave the house, and come on again 30 minutes before you expect to return.
- Turn the room thermostat down by 1 degree. This can save you around £30 a year.
- Make sure your radiators are not obstructed by curtains or furniture.
- Draw your curtains at dusk to help keep the heat generated inside your rooms.
- Insulate your loft space and consider cavity wall insulation too.
For further information on saving energy, visit The Energy Saving Trust.