Hiring A Moving Van Vs Using A House Moving Company
Unless you’re moving into a fully furnished property, it is highly likely that you will have too much ‘stuff’ for your car to be your only mode of transport on moving day. It goes without saying that in order to move big pieces of furniture and the numerous other boxes that you’ll have, you will probably need a van of some sorts and thankfully, it isn’t difficult to find removal firms that can assist you in this regard nowadays.
More often than not, when organising a house move, homeowners will choose from one of two options; hiring a van and driving it themselves or using a professional house moving company and the range services that they offer. As you may expect, there are pros and cons to each of these options and choosing which will be best for you when moving home isn’t always easy. So, to help homeowners decide, below we have looked into these two options in more detail.
Hiring a moving van
Often, the main thing that draws homeowners into choosing this option over using home removal experts is the costs of hiring a van. Generally speaking, it isn’t expensive to hire a van and even if you need it for a couple of days so that you can move items at your own leisure, it is still affordable.
However, there are some things to bear in mind when deciding to opt for this option because it has lower removal costs. You will only be getting the van and this means;
- You will need to drive the van yourself – not everyone is comfortable driving a van and some may have never done it before, so you need to think about whether this is something you’re willing to do. You should also double-check that you’re old enough to drive a hired moving van yourself too.
- You will have to do all of the heavy lifting – when moving boxes and pieces of furniture, you will need to get them from the house to the van and vice versa, so consider whether this is something you’re able to do yourself. It is likely that you will need to enlist the help of strong family members and friends.
Using a house moving company
Usually, the main thing that puts people off using a removal service is the amount it costs and many simply assume that it will be extortionate. Whilst it is likely that when directly comparing upfront costs, a house moving company will be more expensive than hiring a van, many are pleasantly surprised by the removal quotes they’re given by professional removal companies.
Of course, when you use a house moving company, not only do you get a van that you can use on moving day, but you also get the assistance of a removal team too and they can help with;
- Lifting and moving furniture – they will move heavy and awkwardly shaped pieces of furniture on a regular basis and they will know exactly how to get it out of your house and into the van without too much hassle.
- Keeping to a schedule – even if there are delays when getting your keys, a removal team will still get you into your new home the same day and they are used to overcoming common moving problems like this.
- Packing and unpacking – some house moving companies offer additional packing services too, so they can supply all packing materials and do all of the hard work for you meaning you don’t need to worry about a thing.
Finding a reliable removals company
Hopefully, this information will be beneficial if you’re currently trying to arrange a house move. When taking the time to carefully consider everything mentioned above, you should find it easier to decide which option will be best for you on moving day. More often than not, for many homeowners, their decision will come down to budget and if they’re able to afford professional removal services then they will choose to use them.
If you’re searching for a house moving company that can provide you with moving services that are competitively priced, don’t hesitate to reach out to us here at Moving Home Made Easy. We will gladly take the time to discuss your moving day needs with you in more detail and provide you with a removal quote for the services you require. With the help of our experienced move managers and our skilled removal teams, moving day will be as hassle-free as possible and we can assure you that you won’t regret choosing our services over hiring a moving van.